A-Gas is committed to protecting the environment by reducing global warming gases and preventing their release into the atmosphere.
A-Gas purchases used or stockpiled CFC (chlorofluorocarbon) refrigerants turning potential liabilities into opportunities.
A-Gas works with industries and organizations across the US to purchase and transport used CFC refrigerants to one of our state-of-the-art processing facilities. CFCs have been banned from production since 1996 in the United States under the Montreal Protocol, but are still legal for resale to EPA-certified refrigerant reclaimers.
The CFC refrigerants that we buy include:
- R11 aka. Trichlorofluoromethane, CFC-11, Freon™-11, Genetron®-11, Forane®-11.
- R12 aka. Dichlorodifluoromethane, CFC-12, Freon™-12, Genetron®-12, Forane®-12.
- R113 aka. Trichlorotrifluoroethane, CFC-113, Freon™-113, Genetron®-113, Forane®-113.
- R114 aka. Dichlorotetrafluoroethane, CFC-114, Freon™-114, Genetron®-114, Forane®-114.
- R115 aka. Chloropentafluoroethane, CFC-115, Freon™-115, Genetron®-115, Forane®-115.
- R500 aka. R12 / R152a mixed refrigerant, CFC-500, Freon™-500, Genotron®-500, Forane®-500.
Freon™ is a trademark of The Chemours Company. Genetron® is a registered trademark for Honeywell International Inc. Forane® is a registered trademark of Arkema France Corp.
These refrigerants have high Ozone Depleting Potentials (ODP) and have proven to be the main cause of stratospheric ozone depletion. This causes more exposure to the sun’s UV rays and increases human health risks. CFCs are also powerful greenhouse gases that have high Global Warming Potential (GWP). Purposely venting or releasing these refrigerants is not only harmful, but illegal, and monitored by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). A-Gas can ensure your CFC refrigerant will be handled properly.
Learn more about the Clean Air Act (CAA) and Section 608’s National Recycling and Emission Reduction Program.
A-Gas appreciates that customers have options when it comes to selling reclaimed or stockpiled CFCs, but no other company is positioned to provide the turnkey and environmentally sustainable options that we offer. Our ability to respond quickly and comprehensively assures the material is properly picked up and safely recovered, while also offering industry-leading payment terms.