A-Gas Partners with PSA Singapore to Reduce Refrigerant Emissions in Reefer Containers
At a Glance
To further support the industry’s push towards sustainability, PSA Singapore began exploring sustainable solutions on lifecycle refrigerant management for reefer containers.
A-Gas was tasked to review the existing processes and offer sustainable solutions to the PSA team to ensure that the used refrigerants were recovered, reclaimed, recertified, and reused.
Through this partnership, A-Gas provided an effective and more sustainable solution to ensure a safe and circular service to successfully lifecycle manage the used refrigerants, covering all terminals and within PSA Singapore’s operation schedule.
Through the effective management of the lifecycle of refrigerant gases, A-Gas enabled its customer to reduce emissions from reefer containers, thereby contributing to a more sustainable future.
- Customer wanted to recover refrigerants that is being released during servicing and maintenance of reefer containers.
- Customer wanted to make use of circular economy principles in using reclaimed products to re-charge into the reefer container cooling systems.
- All refrigerant recovery services and turnaround times needed to be aligned in accordance with container vessels and the containers’ movement schedules.
- A-Gas provided lifecycle refrigerant management solutions and training to successfully recover, reclaim and supply back reclaimed refrigerants, covering all terminals within PSA Singapore’s operation schedule.
- Helped the customer to lower refrigerant emissions from reefer containers and to re-use existing resources, thereby lowering the industry’s carbon footprint.
Read Full Case Study
Through this partnership, A-Gas provided an effective and more sustainable solution to ensure a safe and circular service to successfully lifecycle manage the used refrigerants.