R600a (Iso-Butane) is refrigerant grade Iso-Butane used as a replacement for R12 and R134a in a variety of high temperature refrigeration applications.
- R600a (Iso-Butane) is refrigerant grade Iso-Butane used as a replacement for R12 and R134a in a variety of high temperature refrigeration applications.
- R600a (Iso-Butane) is a hydrocarbon that is becoming increasingly popular due to its low Global Warming Potential (GWP). It is the refrigerant of choice for domestic and light commercial refrigeration units, including fridges and freezers, drink dispensers and stand alone display units.
- WARNING: Hydrocarbon refrigerants are flammable and must be handled in a safe and responsible manner by properly qualified, trained and experienced technicians. Relevant regulations or standards should always be adhered to.
- R600a (Iso-Butane) is fitted with a left-handed DIN 477-1 valve
- A‑Gas operates a returnable cylinder fleet, empty cylinders are to be returned to an A‑Gas wholesale partner
- The 420g can is a non-returnable cylinder and does not need to be returned to an A-Gas wholesale partner. Dispose of non-returnable cylinders in an environmentally friendly way
- R600a (Iso-Butane) can adaptors are available if required
- Available from A‑Gas and wholesale partners.
- Store cylinders in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area, out of direct sunlight
- For available package sizes please contact A-Gas on 0800 992 427 or via the Contact Us form
Product Features and Benefits
- Refrigerant can be charged from either the liquid and vapour phase
- A‑Gas refrigerant cylinders have dual port valves, making liquid offtake easier
- Flammable and non-toxic with a safety classification of A3
- Compressors can be charged with a variety of oils, contact the compressor manufacturer for more information
- Lower GWP of 4
- Excellent thermodynamic properties resulting in high energy efficiency
- Not for use as a retrofit replacement and requires a specific R600a compressor
- Due to its flammable nature R600a (Iso-Butane) requires different charging and recovery procedures
- Refrigerant of choice for domestic refrigerators worldwide
- Used by most major OEM in domestic refrigeration applications
- Superior energy efficiency
- Significantly reduced charge weights
The information contained within this website is for guidance only, for further system specific advice please call A‑Gas directly.