R452A (Opteon XP44)
R452A (OpteonTM XP44) is a lower Global Warming Potential (GWP) HFO refrigerant blend, used as a replacement for R404A and R507 in low temperature transport refrigeration applications.
- Available from A‑Gas and wholesale partners.
- Store cylinders in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area, out of direct sunlight
- For available package sizes please contact A-Gas on 0800 992 427 or via the Contact Us form
Product Benefits and Features
- Substitute for R404A and R507, with comparable physical and thermodynamic properties
- Zeotropic refrigerant blend containing R32, R125 and R1234yf
- Refrigerant must be charged from the liquid phase to ensure accurate composition
- A‑Gas refrigerant cylinders have dual port valves, making liquid offtake easier
- Non-flammable with a safety classification of A1
- Compressors must be charger with polyolester oils, contact the compressor manufacturer for more information
- Alternative to R404A series low and medium temperature refrigerants
- Performance closely matches that of R404A
- For use where low discharge temperatures are required
- Can be used as a retrofit or in new installations
The information contained within this website is for guidance only, for further system specific advice please call A‑Gas directly.