R290 (Propane) is refrigerant grade propane, used as an alternative to R22 and R502 in low, medium and high temperature refrigeration and air conditioning applications.
- R290 (Propane) is a hydrocarbon and although highly flammable it is an efficient refrigerant that has a lower Global Warming Potential (GWP)
- Available from A‑Gas wholesale partners. Find a distributor near you for further details
- A‑Gas product cylinders are fitted with a Residual Pressure Device (RPD) to ensure used refrigerant or any other substance cannot be reintroduced into a cylinder
- R290 (Propane) is fitted with a left-handed DIN 477-1 valve; an adaptor may be required
- Available from A‑Gas and wholesale partners.
- Store cylinders in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area, out of direct sunlight
- For available package sizes please contact A-Gas on 0800 992 427 or via the Contact Us form
*Heat pumps, water heaters
Product Features and Benefits
- Refrigerant can be charged from either the liquid and vapour phase
- A‑Gas refrigerant cylinders have dual port valves, making liquid offtake easier
- Flammable and non-toxic with a safety classification of A3
- Compressors can be charged with a variety of oils, contact the compressor manufacturer for more information
- Lower GWP of 3
- Excellent thermodynamic properties leading to high energy efficiency
- Low charges allow for smaller heat exchanges and piping dimensions
- Due to its flammable nature R290 (Propane) requires different charging and recovery procedures
The information contained within this website is for guidance only, for further system specific advice please call A‑Gas directly.