R1234yf (OpteonTM YF) is a HFO used as a replacement for R134a in automotive air conditioning. It is the next generation refrigerant for automotive air conditioning.
- Available from A‑Gas and wholesale partners.
- Store cylinders in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area, out of direct sunlight
- For available package sizes please contact A-Gas on 0800 992 427 or via the Contact Us form
Automotive Air Conditioning
Product Features & Benefits
- Mildly flammable and non-toxic with a safety classification of A2L
- Compressors must be charged with modified polyolester oils, contact the compressor manufacturer for more information
- Similar cooling capacity to R134a
- Air conditioning systems operating with R1234yf (Opteon YF) are typically more energy efficient than competing technologies and reduce the overall carbon footprint
- Offers comparable performance to R134a in all climates
- The pressure and temperature characteristics are similar to R134a
- Must be used with suitable R1234yf (Opteon YF) accessories
The information contained within this website is for guidance only, for further system specific advice please call A‑Gas directly.