R245fa is a HFC suitable for use as a blowing agent for plastic foam insulation. It is a replacement for HCFC-141b and other fluorocarbon and non-fluorocarbon blowing agents. 245fa is also used in organic rankine cycle systems for generation of power from waste heat recovery, process and comfort cooling, electronic heat transfer and thermal storage.
- Available from A‑Gas wholesale partners. Use the ‘Find a supplier’ box to the right for further details
- A‑Gas product cylinders are fitted with a Residual Pressure Device (RPD) to ensure used refrigerant or any other substance cannot be reintroduced into a cylinder.
- Store cylinders in a cool, dry, well ventilated area, out of direct sunlight
- A‑Gas operates a returnable cylinder fleet, empty cylinders are to be returned to an A‑Gas wholesale partner
- For alternative or larger package sizes please contact A-Gas on 01275376600 or via the Contact Us form
Product Features and Benefits
- Chemical & physical properties similar to HCFC-141b & CFC-11
- Provides excellent insulation and foam properties
- Compatible with a wide range of materials including metals, plastics and elastomers
- Non-flammable with a safety classification of A1
- Ozone Depleting Potential of zero
- The information contained within this website is for guidance only, for further system specific advice please call A‑Gas directly