R424A (RS-44) is a HFC blend, used as a retrofit refrigerant for R22 in medium and high-temperature air-conditioning and refrigeration systems.
- Available from A‑Gas wholesale partners - find your local distributor for further details
- A‑Gas product cylinders are fitted with a Residual Pressure Device (RPD) to ensure used refrigerant or any other substance cannot be reintroduced into a cylinder
- Store cylinders in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area, out of direct sunlight
- A‑Gas operates a returnable cylinder fleet - empty cylinders are to be returned to an A‑Gas wholesale partner
- For alternative or larger package sizes please contact A-Gas on 1800 002 427 or via the Contact Us form
Product Features and Benefits
- Substitute for R22, with comparable physical and thermodynamic properties
- Zeotropic refrigerant blend containing R125, R134a, isobutane, butane and isopentane
- Refrigerant must be charged from the liquid phase to ensure accurate composition
- A‑Gas refrigerant cylinders have dual port valves, making liquid offtake easier
- Non-flammable with a safety classification of A1
- Generally compatible with mineral oil, however a conversion to POE oil may be required in certain circumstances - contact the compressor manufacturer for more information
- Lower discharge temperatures compared to R22
The information contained within this website is for guidance only - for further system-specific advice please contact us directly.