R409A is a blend of HCFC refrigerants introduced to retrofit R12 in air-conditioning and refrigeration applications.
- R409A is a blend of HCFC refrigerants introduced to retrofit R12 in air-conditioning and refrigeration applications
- Its composition is made up of HCFC-22, HCFC-124, HCFC-142b
- Available from A‑Gas wholesale partners - find your local distributor for further details
- A‑Gas product cylinders are fitted with a Residual Pressure Device (RPD) to ensure used refrigerant or any other substance cannot be reintroduced into a cylinder
- Store cylinders in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area, out of direct sunlight
- A‑Gas operates a returnable cylinder fleet - empty cylinders are to be returned to an A‑Gas wholesale partner
- For alternative or larger package sizes please contact A-Gas on 1800 002 427 or via the Contact Us form
*Retrofit of existing R12 air-conditioning and refrigeration applications
Product Features and Benefits
- R409A, an HCFC-based refrigerant, is a cost-effective retrofit refrigerant for R12 stationary positive displacement air-conditioning and refrigeration systems such as walk-in coolers, beverage dispensers, vending machines, and supermarket systems
- No oil change is needed in many unitary and close-coupled systems
The information contained within this website is for guidance only - for further system-specific advice please contact us directly.