R404A is a HFC blend, used as a replacement for R502 and R22 in low and medium-temperature refrigeration applications.
- Available from A‑Gas wholesale partners - find your local distributor for further details
- R404A is a HFC blend, used as a replacement for R502 and R22 in low and medium-temperature refrigeration applications
- Although it is a popular refrigerant, R404A is under great scrutiny due to its high Global Warming Potential (GWP), which has led to an increased focus on lower-GWP alternatives such as R407F and R407A, along with newer alternatives such as R448A and R449A
- For alternative or larger package sizes please contact A‑Gas on 1800 002 427 or via the Contact Us form
*Cold storage cells, ice and vending machines
Product Features and Benefits
- Substitute for R502, with comparable physical and thermodynamic properties
- Near azeotropic refrigerant blend containing R125, R143a and R134a
- Refrigerant must be charged from the liquid phase to ensure accurate composition
- A‑Gas refrigerant cylinders have dual port valves, making liquid offtake easier
- Non-flammable with a safety classification of A1
- Compressors must be charged with polyolester oils - contact the compressor manufacturer for more information
The information contained within this website is for guidance only - for further system-specific advice please contact us directly.