R409A is a blend of HCFC refrigerants introduced to retrofit R12 in air conditioning and refrigeration applications. It’s compositon is made up of HCFC-22, HCFC-124, HCFC-142b.
Commercial Air Conditioning
Industrial Air Conditioning
*Retrofit of existing R12 air conditioning and refrigeration applications
- Available from A-Gas wholesale partners. Use the ‘Find a supplier’ box to the right for further details
- A-Gas product cylinders are fitted with a Residual Pressure Device (RPD) to ensure used refrigerant or any other substance cannot be reintroduced into a cylinder
- Store cylinders in a cool, dry, well ventilated area, out of direct sunlight
- A-Gas operates a returnable cylinder fleet, empty cylinders are to be returned to an A-Gas wholesale partner
- For alternative or larger package sizes please contact A-Gas on 1800 002 427 or via the Contact Us form
Product Features & Benefits
- R409A, an HCFC-based refrigerant, is a cost-effective retrofit refrigerant for R-12 stationary positive displacement air-conditioning and refrigeration systems such as walk-in coolers, beverage dispensers, vending machines, and supermarket systems. No oil change is needed in many unitary and close-coupled systems.
The information contained within this website is for guidance only, for further system specific advice please call A-Gas directly.
Find a Supplier
For Refrigerants & Industrial Gases.
Enter your postcode to find your nearest supplier
Advice & Support
Do you also need..?
Oxygen Free Nitrogen (OFN)