R134a is used in automotive air conditioning and as a replacement for R12 and R22 in medium and high temperature refrigeration applications, such as commercial and domestic refrigeration and chillers.
- Available from A‑Gas and wholesale partners.
- Store cylinders in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area, out of direct sunlight
- For available package sizes please contact A-Gas on 0800 992 427 or via the Contact Us form
*Also suitable for mobile refrigeration and chillers
Product Features and Benefits
- Substitute for R12, with comparable physical and thermodynamic properties
- Refrigerant can be charged from either the liquid or vapour phase
- A‑Gas refrigerant cylinders have dual port valves, making liquid offtake easier
- Non-flammable with a safety classification of A1
- Compressors must be charged with polyolester oils, contact the compressor manufacturer for more information
- Reduction of capacity compared to R12
- Existing R12 equipment can be retrofitted with R134a
- High critical temperature which ensures good coefficient of performance
The information contained within this website is for guidance only, for further system specific advice please call A‑Gas directly.