R1270 (Propylene) is refrigerant grade propylene which can be used as an alternative to R22 in low and medium temperature refrigeration and air conditioning applications.
- R1270 (Propylene) is a Hydrocarbon and although highly flammable is an efficient refrigerant with lower Global Warming Potential (GWP).
- Available from A‑Gas and wholesale partners.
- Store cylinders in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area, out of direct sunlight
- For available package sizes please contact A-Gas on 0800 992 427 or via the Contact Us form
Product Features and Benefits
- Refrigerant can be charged from either the liquid or vapour phase
- A‑Gas refrigerant cylinders have dual port valves, making liquid offtake easier
- Flammable and non-toxic with a safety classification of A3
- Compressors can be charged with a variety of oils, contact the compressor manufacturer for more information
- Lower GWP of 2
- Excellent thermodynamic properties leading to high energy efficiency
- Lower charges allow for smaller exchangers and piping dimensions
- Due to its flammable nature R1270 (Propylene) requires different charging and recovery procedures
The information contained within this website is for guidance only, for further system specific advice please call A‑Gas directly.