R134a is a HFC, used in automotive air conditioning and as a replacement for R12 and R22 in medium and high temperature refrigeration applications, such as commercial and domestic refrigeration and chillers.
R-134a is an HFC refrigerant, which requires polyolester (POE) lubricant to be used in the compressor.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Vinyl chloride and Methyl chloride, which is known to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
*Mobile Refrigeration, Chillers
- Available from A-Gas wholesale partners. Use the "Find a supplier" box to the right for further details
- A-Gas product cylinders are fitted with a Residual Pressure Device (RPD) to ensure used refrigerant or any other substance cannot be reintroduced into a cylinder
- Store cylinders in a cool, dry, well ventilated area, out of direct sunlight
- A-Gas operates a returnable cylinder fleet, empty cylinders are to be returned to an A-Gas wholesale partner
- For alternative or larger package sizes please contact A-Gas on 0215518790 or via the Contact Us form
Product Features & Benefits
- Substitute for R12, with comparable physical and thermodynamic properties
- Refrigerant can be charged from either the liquid or vapour phase
- A-Gas refrigerant cylinders have dual port valves, making liquid offtake easier
- Non-flammable with a safety classification of A1
- Compressors must be charged with polyolester oils, contact the compressor manufacturer for more information
- Reduction of capacity compared to R12
- Existing R12 equipment can be retrofitted with R134a
- High critical temperature which ensures good coefficient of performance
A‑Gas Rapid Recovery provides refrigerant recovery services to a wide range of industries, including but not limited to, HVAC, refrigeration, demolition, and marine. Projects range in size from single residential split systems, chilling systems, to projects with thousands of units. Our A‑Gas Rapid Recovery Engineers are fully trained and dedicated to providing high-speed refrigerant recovery and a value-added service.
Find a Supplier
For Refrigerants & Service Gases.
Enter your Postal code, Town or City to find your nearest stockist
Advice & Support
Do you also need..?
Oxygen Free Nitrogen (OFN)
Refrig Health Check (RHC)