R406A is a HCFC blend used as a replacement for R12. R406A is being scrutinised due to its high ODP and is being phased out.
- Available from A‑Gas wholesale partners. Find a supplier
- A‑Gas product cylinders are fitted with a Residual Pressure Device (RPD) to ensure used refrigerant, or any other substance cannot be reintroduced into a cylinder
- Store cylinders in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area, out of direct sunlight
- A‑Gas operates a returnable cylinder fleet, empty cylinders are to be returned to an A‑Gas wholesale partner
- For alternative or larger package sizes please contact A-Gas on 0215518790 or via the Contact Us form
*Low and medium temp refrigeration
Product Features and Benefits
- The refrigerant was designed as a drop-in replacement for R12 which is compatible with typical mineral oil lubricants and used in R12 systems. Since it is a zerotropic mixture, it has a range of boiling points which may increase the effectiveness of the heat transfer elements in refrigeration equipment.