A‑Gas strives to purchase used or stockpiled CFC (chlorofluorocarbon) refrigerants for the highest price in the industry, turning potential liabilities into success-building opportunities.
A‑Gas works with industries and organizations across the U.S. to purchase and transport used CFC refrigerants to one of our state of the art processing facilities. CFC’s have been banned from production since 1996 in the United States under the Montreal Protocol, but are still legal for resale to EPA certified refrigerant reclaimers.
Freon™ is a trademark of The Chemours Company. Genetron® is a registered trademark for Honeywell International Inc. Forane® is a registered trademark of Arkema France Corp. All Information is as of July 18th, 2017.
The CFC refrigerants that we buy include:
• R-11 aka. Trichlorofluoromethane, CFC-11, Freon™-11, Genetron®-11, Forane®-11.
• R-12 aka. Dichlorodifluoromethane, CFC-12, Freon™-12, Genetron®-12, Forane®-12.
• R-113 aka. Trichlorotrifluoroethane, CFC-113, Freon™-113, Genetron®-113, Forane®-113.
• R-114 aka. Dichlorotetrafluoroethane, CFC-114, Freon™-114, Genetron®-114, Forane®-114.
• R-115 aka. Chloropentafluoroethane, CFC-115, Freon™-115, Genetron®-115, Forane®-115.
• R-500 aka. R-12 / R-152a mixed refrigerant, CFC-500, Freon™-500, Genotron®-500, Forane®-500.
These refrigerants have high Ozone Depleting Potentials (ODP), which is why CFC’s have proven to be the main cause of depletion in the stratospheric ozone. This allows more exposure of the sun’s UV rays and increases human health risks. CFC’s are also powerful greenhouse gases that have high Global Warming Potentials (GWP), which is why it is important to properly manage the lifecycle of them. Purposely venting or releasing these refrigerants is not only harmful, but illegal, and monitored by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). A-Gas can ensure your ODS refrigerant will be handled properly.
Learn more about the Clean Air Act (CAA) and Section 608’s National Recycling and Emission Reduction Program.
A‑Gas appreciates that customers have options when it comes to selling reclaimed or stockpiled CFCs, but no other company is positioned to provide the turnkey and environmentally sustainable options that we offer. Our ability to respond quickly and comprehensively assures the material is properly picked up and safely recovered, while also offering industry leading payment terms. Let us be your Total Solutions provider!