New name and new premises reflect A-Gas
Electronic Materials’ global ambitions
A-Gas Electronic Materials is the new name of Chestech Ltd, the specialist chemicals and processes distributor in the electronics industry with a worldwide customer base. The change recognises the company’s inclusion as part of the A-Gas International group in the UK and abroad. A-Gas Electronic Materials have also moved into a new 20,000 sqft facility at Rugby, Warwickshire, which will allow them to expand the business into new markets across the globe and create new jobs.
A-Gas Electronic Materials have a wide range of customers including those working in the semi-conductor, printed circuit board, electronic and industrial metal finishing, photovoltaic and advanced packaging technology industries.
A-Gas International Regional Managing Director Ian Podmore said: “We have a new name which reflects the way our relationship with our customers and our suppliers is developing. We will be working closely with our supplier Dow Electronic Materials in the UK and Ireland to offer the best possible service to our customers.
“The move to new premises will see changes in capacity with more space available to store materials. This will give us greater flexibility to respond to the needs of our customers globally and in turn allow us to increase sales.
“A-Gas Electronic Materials are a very technically focused company. This means we do not just sell products, we also have the expertise to understand our customers’ processes and the know-how to give them the edge in business.”
A-Gas Electronic Materials are the sole UK and Irish distributors for Dow Electronic Materials (formerly Rohm and Haas). Other A-Gas Electronic Materials’ suppliers include Micro Chem Corporation, Micro Resist Technology, Electra Polymers, Trimite, High Purity Chemicals, PK Plating Technology, Yamamoto MS and Micropulse Plating Concepts (MPC).
Alan Billinghurst founded Chestech Ltd in 1994. The company was bought by A-Gas International in March 2008 in a move to enlarge its presence in the gas and chemicals markets.
Notes to editors
- A-Gas is an international group of companies with headquarters in the United Kingdom and trading subsidiaries in the UK, South Africa, Australia, South East Asia, China, Thailand and the Americas.
- Our core business is focused on:
- Refrigerants used for heat exchange in air conditioning and chilling applications.
- Industrial special products including industrial and specialty gases used in a variety of applications.
- Environmental services providing full environmental services for the recovery and reclamation of environmentally sensitive products such as HCFCs, HFCs, Halons and associated products.
- Performance chemicals such as blowing agents used in the manufacture of insulating foams and chemicals used in the electronics industry.
- Fire protection recovery, reclamation storage and management of Halons, supply and reclamation of Clean Agent Fire suppressants such as HFC227ea, HFC125, HFC236fa.
- Electronics processes and specialist chemicals distributed in the semi-conductor, printed circuit board, electronic and industrial metal finishing, photovoltaic and advanced packaging technology industries.
A-Gas is a market leader in the supply of refrigerants within its core territories in the UK, Australia and South Africa, with modern state-of-the-art storage, blending and packaging facilities in Bristol, Melbourne and Cape Town. We are rapidly growing our market share in Asia and the Americas with sales offices in Singapore, China, Thailand and the USA.
A-Gas International can be contacted at:
Tel: 01275 376600