R454B (Opteon XL41)
R454B (Opteon™ XL41) is a mildly flammable, low global warming potential refrigerant designed to replace R410A in new equipment designs. R454B offers the optimal balance of properties to replace R410A in positive displacement, direct expansion air conditioning, heat pump and chiller applications. It offers similar properties to R410A which makes it easy and cost-effective to apply in new equipment without major modifications.
- Positive displacement, DX air conditioning, heat pumps and chillers
- Residential, light commercial, commercial
- Direct replacement for all equipment types designed for R-410A
- Window units, portables, mini-splits, ducted splits, PTACs, multi-splits, DX chillers, and other
- Available from A-Gas wholesale partners. Use the ‘Find a supplier’ box to the right for further details
- A-Gas product cylinders are fitted with a Residual Pressure Device (RPD) to ensure used refrigerant or any other substance cannot be reintroduced into a cylinder
- Store cylinders in a cool, dry, well ventilated area, out of direct sunlight
- A-Gas operates a returnable cylinder fleet, empty cylinders are to be returned to an A-Gas wholesale partner
- For alternative or larger package sizes please contact A-Gas on 01275376600 or via the Contact Us form
Product Features & Benefits
- Lowest GWP replacement for R410A (reduction of 78 %)
- Improved capacity and efficiency compared to R410A
- Excellent performance in normal and high ambient conditions
- Very close match to R410A – easily convertible from R410A design with minimal changes
- Non-toxic and mildly flammable
- Miscible with POE lubricants
The information contained within this website is for guidance only, for further system specific advice please call A-Gas directly
Find a UK Supplier
For Refrigerants and Service Gases.
Enter a city, town or postcode in the search box to find suppliers in the UK.
For distribution partners outside of the UK, please contact your local A-Gas team.