R600a (Iso-Butane) is refrigerant grade Iso-Butane used as a replacement for R12 and R134a in a variety of high temperature refrigeration applications. R600a (Iso-Butane) is a hydrocarbon that is becoming increasingly popular due to its low Global Warming Potential (GWP).
420 g (excluding adaptor)
- Available from A-Gas wholesale Partners. Use the ‘Find a supplier’ box to the right for further details
- A-Gas product cylinders are fitted with a Residual Pressure Device (RPD) to ensure used refrigerant or any other substance cannot be reintroduced into a cylinder
- Store cylinders in a cool, dry, well ventilated area, out of direct sunlight
- R600a (Iso-Butane) is fitted with a left handed DIN 477-1 valve
- A-Gas operates a returnable cylinder fleet, empty cylinders are to be returned to an A-Gas wholesale partner
- The 420g can is a non-returnable cylinder and does not need to be returned to an A-Gas Wholesale partner. Dispose of non-returnable cylinders in an environmentally friendly way
- R600a (Iso-Butane) can adaptors are available if required
- For alternative or larger package sizes please contact A-Gas on 01275376600 or via the Contact Us form
Product Features & Benefits
- Refrigerant can be charged from either the liquid and vapour phase
- A-Gas refrigerant cylinders have dual port valves, making liquid offtake easier
- Flammable and non-toxic with a safety classification of A3
- Compressors can be charged with a variety of oils, contact the compressor manufacturer for more information
- Low GWP of 3
- Excellent thermodynamic properties resulting in high energy efficiency
- Not for use as a retrofit replacement and requires a specific R600a compressor
- Due to its flammable nature R600a (Iso-Butane) requires different charging and recovery procedures
The information contained within this website is for guidance only, for further system specific advice please call A-Gas directly
Find a UK Supplier
For Refrigerants and Service Gases.
Enter a city, town or postcode in the search box to find suppliers in the UK.
For distribution partners outside of the UK, please contact your local A-Gas team.
Advice & Support
Do you also need..?
Oxygen Free Nitrogen (OFN)