R404A is a HFC blend, used as a replacement for R502 and R22 in low and medium temperature refrigeration applications. Although it is a popular refrigerant, with a GWP above 2500, the use of R404A is now prohibited in new equipment and restricted in pre-existing equipment. Reclaimed R404A is still permitted until 2030 for servicing equipment already running on R404A and is an option for those with systems above 40T CO2 Equivalent (approximately 10kgs of R404A).
*Cold storage cells, Ice and vending machines
- Virgin R404A is supplied in 11kg cylinders only. These cylinders will contain a product label.
- Reclaimed R404A is available in the 3 fill sizes noted above. These cylinders will be sleeved (as opposed to having a label).
- Available from A-Gas wholesale partners. Use the ‘Find a supplier’ box to the right for further details
- A-Gas product cylinders are fitted with a Residual Pressure Device (RPD) to ensure used refrigerant or any other substance cannot be reintroduced into a cylinder
- Store cylinders in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area, out of direct sunlight
- A-Gas operates a returnable cylinder fleet, empty cylinders are to be returned to an A-Gas wholesale partner
- For alternative or larger package sizes please contact A-Gas on 01275376600 or via the Contact Us form.
Product Features & Benefits
- Substitute for R502, with comparable physical and thermodynamic properties
- Near azeotropic refrigerant blend containing R125, R143a, and R134a
- Refrigerant must be charged from the liquid phase to ensure accurate composition
- A-Gas refrigerant cylinders have dual port valves, making liquid offtake easier
- Non-flammable with a safety classification of A1
- Compressors must be charged with polyester oils, contact the compressor manufacturer for more information
- With a GWP above 2500, virgin R404A can no longer be used in new equipment or to service existing equipment where the charge size is greater than 40T CO2 Equivalent (approximately 10kgs of R404A). The use of Reclaimed R404A is allowable until 2030 to service existing equipment.
The information contained within this website is for guidance only, for further system specific advice please call A-Gas directly
Find a UK Supplier
For Refrigerants and Service Gases.
Enter a city, town or postcode in the search box to find suppliers in the UK.
For distribution partners outside of the UK, please contact your local A-Gas team.
Advice & Support
Do you also need..?
Oxygen Free Nitrogen (OFN)