R23 is a HFC, used as a replacement for R13 and R503 in very low temperature refrigeration. It is also used as a clean fire suppressant as a replacement for Halon 1301. R23 is most commonly used in cascade systems at an evaporating temperature of -60oC to -100oC and at a condensing temperature of approximately -10oC to -40oC. R23 now has limited use due to its high Global Warming Potential (GWP).
*Replacement of existing R13 systems, Fire suppression (replacement for Halon 1301)
- Available from A-Gas wholesale partners. Use the ‘Find a supplier’ box to the right for further details
- A-Gas product cylinders are fitted with RPD’s to ensure used refrigerant or any other substance cannot be reintroduced into a cylinder
- Store cylinders in a cool, dry, well ventilated area, out of direct sunlight
- A-Gas operates a returnable cylinder fleet, empty cylinders are to be returned to an A-Gas wholesale partner
- For alternative or larger package sizes please contact A-Gas on 01275376600 or via the Contact Us form
Product Features & Benefits
- Suitable replacement for R13, with comparable physical and thermodynamic properties
- Non-flammable and non-toxic with a safety classification of A1
- Compressors must be charged with polyolester oils, contact the compressor manufacturer for more information
- High pressure refrigerant for very low temperatures
- High GWP of 14800
The information contained within this website is for guidance only, for further system specific advice please call A-Gas directly
Find a UK Supplier
For Refrigerants and Service Gases.
Enter a city, town or postcode in the search box to find suppliers in the UK.
For distribution partners outside of the UK, please contact your local A-Gas team.
Advice & Support
Do you also need..?
Oxygen Free Nitrogen (OFN)