R717 (Ammonia) is refrigerant grade Ammonia (NH3) used in low and medium temperature refrigeration. It is a colourless, pungent, highly toxic gas but is a very efficient refrigerant with zero Global Warming Potential (GWP).
- Available from A-Gas wholesale partners. Use the ‘Find a supplier’ box to the right for further details
- A-Gas product cylinders are fitted with a Residual Pressure Device (RPD) to ensure used refrigerant or any other substance cannot be reintroduced into a cylinder
- Store cylinders in a cool, dry, well ventilated area, out of direct sunlight
- A-Gas operates a returnable cylinder fleet, empty cylinders are to be returned to an A-Gas wholesale partner
- For alternative or larger package sizes please contact A-Gas on 1800 002 427 or via the Contact Us form
Product Features & Benefits
- Refrigerant can be charged from either the liquid or vapour phase
- Toxic with a safety classification of B2L
- Compressors can be charged with a variety of oils, contact the compressor manufacturer for more information
- Under pressure Ammonia is stored as a liquid
- Moisture content of less than 200ppm
The information contained within this website is for guidance only, for further system specific advice please call A-Gas directly.
Find a Supplier
For Refrigerants & Industrial Gases.
Enter your postcode to find your nearest supplier
Advice & Support
Do you also need..?
Oxygen Free Nitrogen (OFN)